-

Dulanjalee Premadasa tells Mahinda Rajapaksa to advise his Sons

Dulanjalee Premadasa, the daughter of former president R. Premadasa, in a hard hitting letter addressed to former president Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday, said the latter should not drag her name to a case in which she was not accused of.
"You are well aware that I am innocent. You seem to think that you have a right to play around with my name when you have run out of excuses. This is unacceptable and dishonourable. If you are a credible lawyer you should know that I am not an accused and that this particular matter is an on-going court case and, as such, legally we cannot discuss it.
Even you, now, must adhere to the law of our country." she said, responding to statement made by Mahinda Rajapaksa that he did not get anyone in the opposition arrested during his time even if they had charges against them.
Mahinda Rajapaksa had said this citing an incident where forged currency notes were allegedly found in Ms. Premadasa's possession. "I may sympathise with your circumstances; but when you start dragging my good name in to the mud, when I am not involved in any of your present political problems, my sympathy turns to disgust. You were our former Executive President, yet you slander me without any basis, simply because your son has been arrested." she said in her letter.
"My revered parents President Premadasa and Mrs. Hema Premadasa did a stellar job in raising my brother and myself to respect and uphold the law of God and the law of the Land. I did not need your supposed advice about leading an upright lifestyle because my parents carried out that duty brilliantly.
You should advise your children as their parent about leading their lives in a manner which befits their position in society," Dulanjalee Premadasa said.
Share this article :
Print PDF
 
Support : Eelam5.com | Untamil.com | News4tamil.com
Powered by Eelanila
Copyright © 2011. Eelanila Daily News - All Rights Reserved
Eelanila.com
Design by: Nilavan Published by: Eelanila