-

Many of the disappeared detainees live in detention camp! The open confession of the former fighter

Navarathin Nishanthan, a 31-year-old former militant who was released from the Boosa detention center, said many mothers claiming disappearance in Vavuniya were unhappy in the detention camp. 
He has met with journalists in Vavuniya. 
During this, he continued to comment,



He said that many people like me are suffering from various hardships and suffering. 
They need justice. Many mothers say their children have gone missing. 
But many children are unconscious in the detention camp. This does not matter if my life is at risk. But the government should take appropriate action. 

And I lost my mother in 2009 in the final battle. Both brother and sister became heroes from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. 
Then I took me to the detention camp on 26th of May 2009. In the detention camp, I was subjected to severe torture.
They squeeze me and torment me. My leg pulled the big toe nail. I suffered many pain and losses. 
I was later released by the court on 2017.12.26. I am currently living in Vavuniya with 85 year old mother. 

In this situation, I have 4 acres of land in Mullaitivu. 2 acres of coconut. Now the military is in a position to refuse to give it to me. 
They say that through the help of the Government Agent, the letters can not be given. I have to move towards the next stage in my life. 
It is good if the MPs try to get my land.
I have been granted a release of former LTTE militia, who said he would be comfortable with my life if he could get help with livelihood through NGOs.
Share this article :
Print PDF
 
Support : Eelam5.com | Untamil.com | News4tamil.com
Powered by Eelanila
Copyright © 2011. Eelanila Daily News - All Rights Reserved
Eelanila.com
Design by: Nilavan Published by: Eelanila